Tuesday, November 07, 2006

a slip of the tongue

Today I was doing Staff training again and in the second class I did this afternoon my trainees were very rude. I’m doing this for their benefit and not mine. It’s not my fault that they have to go through it because it was something that our VP had arranged and not me. It’s not even a full day. All they have to do is sit there for an hour, listen and follow instructions. These are sales guys, tech support guys and QA monitors. The purpose of the training session is get everyone trained so that we are all in the same level of understanding. It is bad enough that when we get a tech support call, the tech people often have to pass the question to me because they don’t know the answer. But for them to be offered the opportunity to learn and instead of participating, they sit there and play games, well, it pisses me off. It’s a waste of my time when I could be doing something else (blogging for example…LOL). The sales guys and tech gys asked me if the can do whatever they want and I was so pissed the time that I just blurted out, “sure you can but if you ask me a question I’ve already covered during the training session, I’m just gonna tell you to f*ck off!” I was surprised I even uttered those words… I don’t really use bad words and I don’t want to develop the habit of using them either but I find that when I’m really upset, sometimes they just fly out. Of course I regret it later on but…sigh...must be PMS too!

No comments: