Wednesday, November 15, 2006

waiting...

While writing this, I’m on the phone, trying to reach a client. This is my third phone call to the guy and I keep getting his voicemail. It’s funny he has such a long introduction – one in English and another in Spanish (I think) or something that closely resembles it. It sounds very professional though and quite impressive considering he’s only telling you to leave your name, number and a brief message and he’ll call you back. So, I recorded my message and pressed the review button (I have a habit of reviewing my messages before I send it). Content with the message I recorded, I waited for the machine to tell me which button to press to send and it proceeded to give me a long list of options. It got pretty confusing and tiresome so I hung up. It will send it anyway right? Oh well, I’ll try again in a few minutes.

3 comments:

Marieseda said...

I hate leaving messages. Working for the government, whenever someone gets a direct line to a "real person" they never let it go. I'm still getting calls from people I assisted in 2004 when I first started. The best part is when they ask me if I remember them and expect me to know the details of their claim.

k a r e n said...

I know what you mean! My clients never leave me alone! They say I'm super nice w/c is why they like calling me more than the others (although this is a compliment, it also means I'll get constant phone calls). It is weird isn't it? Everyone of your clients expect you to know everything about them or anything you've discussed with them in the past.

I normally remember anyways but don't you find it difficult when you have more than one person with the same name? "hey karen, how are you doing? it's Paul calling...remember that last time we spoke...?" I have about 3 clients whose name is Paul and I'm always trying to guess which one it is. LOL

Suzy said...

ITs funny I never listen to the messages I leave for people, I should do that to make sure that they make sense but I hate hearing my own voice lol