Thursday, November 23, 2006

My stand on Peace of Mind

I have published this as a comment on Diogo's blog but I thought I might as well put it here...LOL

You have to admit, everyone has a different opinion on what peace of mind is. So to say that peace of mind can be found or attained in a “specific way” is a little flawed. Some people view peace of mind as having everything they want in life so to them, they attain peace of mind by getting the things they want. Some people view peace of mind as being surrounded by the people they love so as long as they have their loved ones with them, they have peace of mind. Some people view peace of mind as being successful, so they strive to be successful. Some people view peace of mind as being close to God, so they live religious lives to have peace of mind…and so on and so forth.

Ever wonder why so many people can’t seem to find peace of mind? It’s because they haven’t figured out yet what gives them peace while some people want everything in order to have peace of mind.

Diogo is right to say that a glass that is ¼ full is still ¾ empty. The question is, are you ok with that? Are you ok with the fact that life will never be perfect, that you will always want something more, and there will always be something that you lack? Are you ok with the fact that life will not always seem fair and that with every success you attain, you will have disappointments?

Personally speaking, peace of mind is being ok with myself – what I have and don’t have in my life – coming to terms with the fact the life will bring me pain together with each happiness that comes along. I may not always have peace, but I will have moments of it and that is enough for now.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

Thats why i keep saying its all in ur mind! What u decide will make you at peace, will make you at peace. Perception perception

kristin said...

i already commented to your comment on diogo's post... but yeah. we are all different but we all have the mind in common. that's what I was trying to say at diogo too.

Marieseda said...

Thats why suzy keeps saying its all in ur mind!

I agree that a big part of peace of mind is acceptance. It's a personal decision to have peace of mind or not.

kristin said...

wow, marie that's a good little point too. not so little. personal decision.