Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I messed up

Last night I attempted to change my template and by doing so I had accidentally deleted all of my widgets (it’s those items over to the right side of this page). I was confident I could change my template just to see what it would like and if I didn’t like it I could always revert it since I had a backup saved on my PC. Turns out the backup file does not contain a backup of the widgets. I don’t know why though. Anyhow, I was totally planning to going to bed before 10pm but because I messed up my page, I spent a lot of time trying to bring them back and eventually had to re-create them (very annoying if I may add). I ended up going to sleep at midnight and of course had difficulty getting out of bed this morning.
#-o

5 comments:

Sj said...

Karen.. I feel your pain. I once tried a new template (not on beta of course) and wiped out EVERYTHING!

And before blogger had their own comments you had to use another comment provider who then closed and all comments were LOST!!

AARGH!

kristin said...

oh I remember when blogger didn't have it's own comments!!! that was so kaka. it's too bad beta's templates suck.

k a r e n said...

I wasn't a member of blogger yet at that time so I had no idea the comment feature had to be provided by someone else. That must really suck!

Blogger Beta has the same standard templates as with the original blogger. The thing is, blogger beta runs on XML and since it's new, there aren't a lot of templates out there that will work with the Beta version. You'd have to revert to the classic blogger and then add your widgets manually (which means reading through codes and figuring out where to place it properly - something I'm not to keen on doing since it's very time consuming).

kristin said...

ooooooh i get it now...

i guess just give it time! when i first started my blog there were like 3 templates and they were all pretty blaaaa. now there's lots and eventually beta will work with more stuff.

i like the red!!!

k a r e n said...

thanks Kristin!