Monday, December 18, 2006

little things

I've been looking for Paula Deanda's song Easy feat. Lil Wayne and was beginning to get impatient since it's almost close to impossible finding it. But because I believe in the classic line that nothing is impossible, I just couldn't get myself to give up. I finally found a decent copy and am very pleased with myself for all my efforts. -grin-

I've been trying to look at the music charts at RX 93.9 but it seems their chart page is down. Bummer.

Did a bit of holiday shopping over the weekend and a day after payday I find myself a wee bit broke. I would complain but it was all worth it. I am also proud to say I didn't spend too much for myself. In fact, I only bought myself a small inexpensive present and the rest went to buying stuff for others. (Karen = 1 , Shopaholic = 0).

I managed to get in bed by 10pm last night. I thought to myself, "finally, I can get 8 hours of sleep and not feel tired tomorrow at work..." then I found myslef turning in bed, forcing myself to sleep. What's worse, I woke up early this morning... way to early. So, when I think about it, was it really worth all that trouble?

The boss finally moved to LA and I got her office. Part of me is pleased but a greater part of me feels remorse. why? Because I feel lonely in that office! No Steve to talk to, I can't bug the tech guys and I miss out on all the office gossip. Not only that but every person that passes can see what I'm doing on my computer (I tried to move the desk around only to find that it's screwed together and I've got no choice but to have my PC face the glass wall.) I also feel bad because I don't want people to feel awkward around me just because I got a room with a door. I really don't care whether I have an office or not. I was quite content where I was before and the only reason I was asked to move was so that I could close the door when I'm training and it would be quiet.

As soon as I got to work this morning, the very first thing I did was walk all the way to the back and check if Steve's back from vacation. I was grinning ear-to-ear when I saw his jacket slung over his chair. I immediately put my stuff down on my desk and set out to look for him. Too bad he was sitting with the managers so I had to wait until he was through before I could talk to him. As soon as he came out of there, I just HAD to hug him. I was so glad to have my partner-in-crime back. Without him there, I have no one to talk to...plus I was tired of worrying about where I'm going to go for lunch (since our office is conveniently located in the middle of nowhere).

No comments: