Monday, December 11, 2006

My name is Karen and I'm a sleepaholic

Last week I was complaining about my lack of sleep so the weekend that went by I slept and slept and slept…as much as I wanted to. While Jerry calls it “being lazy”, I call it “resting”. If there’s such a thing as a sleepaholic, that would be me. I can sleep for 12 hours straight if I wanted to but I’d probably get up with a bad back. You don’t appreciate sleep until you go several days without it. I make it a point to sleep-in atleast a day of the week. It always feels good to just rest. When I’m asleep, everything feels right in the world... I feel at peace.

I can sleep almost anywhere – the couch, my parents’ or brothers’ bedroom, on the floor (provided there’s a mat of course), on the train, on the bus – as long as I can lean my head on something. But I can’t sleep while standing… that’s just weird. I did see a guy once on the train standing and sleeping at the same time. I was just waiting for him to fall… it would’ve been pretty funny.

The only downside of sleeping a lot? Obviously, you don’t accomplish anything and the day goes by so fast.

No comments: