Wednesday, December 06, 2006

If you knew when

On an episode of Grey's Anatomy, Meredith asks:

"What would you do if you knew this was the last day of your life? "

Do you ever find yourself lying in bed at night pondering on this question? I do. As much as I would love to meet God one day, I can't help but wonder if I would do things differently, look at the world differently, and just see life differently if I knew when I was going to go.

Maybe some things I would do differently and maybe not. All I know is, when that time comes, I want to be able to look back at my life and smile.

1 comment:

Marieseda said...

I gave that question some thought about a year ago and it was the catalyst for a lot of changes I went through. The most important being that I’ve told and tell the people I care about what they mean to me. I also try to make at least one person laugh a day (so far I’m batting a hundred). Just taking in every experience I can and doing the things (or not doing the things) I want to. I don’t really ask myself that question anymore, I guess I’ve decided that I’m living life to the best of my ability and that’s all I can do.