Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Fam

I hung out tonight with a very cool colleague and had a blast. It just so happens it's one of those nights when the BF and I enjoy our own sets of "friendlies" from our respective work places and then tell each other what happened afterwards. The sweet BF has gone to bed so I'm left with no course but to go online and write about it instead. Perhaps I will tell him tomorrow instead.

Anyhow, I just realized that when I feel comfortable talking to someone, I actually tend to talk about my family a lot. And when I mean a lot, I mean a lot! I am one of those people, extremely happy to be around the parents and the siblings. I love 'em so much! I think my family are among the sweetest people on Earth. Just now when I got home, JR knocked on my bedroom door, gave me a hug and asked me how my day was. This is my 21 year old brother we are talking about here people. How many of you can say that about your brothers? See?

A lot of people tell me that moving out teaches you a lot about being responsible and all. I believe them. I really do. Eventhough the idea of not having to report to anyone is pretty nice, I really, really love coming home everyday to my parents and my brothers. Surprising, but I love having brothers that bug me every now and then. I love barging in on them when they're in the bathroom because I know they don't like it. I love sitting down for dinner with them and telling each other about our day, exchanging stories and just talking.

I'm very blessed to have a wonderful, loving family and very blessed to have them with me so I am going to enjoy every bit of it while I can.

3 comments:

kristin said...

oh karen you are just so... i don't know. sweet! that's a niiiiiice post.

Marieseda said...

As much as the fam can drive me nuts at times, I'm always (mostly... sometimes... every once in a while...) glad they're around. Can't imagine what life would be like without little sis there to make me smile.

k a r e n said...

I know what you mean Tina...

The Fam drives me nuts too...sometimes... but I love them and can't imagine not having them around me either.