Monday, January 15, 2007

Waking Up From Hibernation

Busy busy busy…busy as a bee…just wanted to tell you, I’m busy as can be!

I’m trying to fit everyone in my calendar and it’s been chaotic. Sometimes I wish I had a clone.

Shey, Len, Pao and I caught each other online today which is pretty rare so we decided to have a nice long chat and do some catching up. Too bad Pao couldn’t stay long with it being well past midnight his time. Him and Len were in the same timezone but I guess Len didn’t feel like going to bed yet and stayed online for quite sometime. Shey on the other hand is only 6 hours ahead of me so it wasn’t so bad for her. Len is finally going to the US in a few weeks and I’m so happy for her. I love it when my friends go abroad because then I feel like they can better relate to me when I complain about the cold and all the different things I come across being so far away. It’s not the same when I say it’s -10 degrees and I’m freezing my butt off and them imagining what -10 degrees might actually feel like than when they’ve actually been there and knows what it actually feels like. I’m also happy for them – being able to see different places and meeting so many different people. They’re so lucky they get to travel and not pay a cent for it. One of the good things about it is that they travel as a team and they don’t have to go alone. That would’ve been such a bummer.

I only wish I could see them but if either one of us applied for a VISA now, we won’t be able to get it on time for us to see each other. I guess the easiest way is if I went back home for a vacation. I just have to make sure they’re in the country when I go or else it would be a waste.

Juhl posted some new pictures on his Friendster page. It’s amazing how fast his nephews and nieces grow! It’s only been 2 and a half years since I moved to Canada and yet it seems so many things have happened since. It always surprises me when I hear someone’s getting married or having a baby or have done both already. It’s as if I went on hibernaton and just woke up and am struggling to catch up on what’s been happening.

A year goes by so fast and yet so many things happen in just a single year. I wonder how many things would’ve changed by the time I come back.

No comments: