Monday, January 15, 2007

Gadgets OF My Time

My mom told me this morning that I plugged the portable heater to the surge suppressor but forgot to turn it on. I told her I didn’t have to since I plugged it into the socket that’s always on. She gave me a puzzled look and repeated herself and I replied with the exact same answer. Again, a puzzled look. I told her not to worry about it and that it’s fine the way it is. She gave me a shrug and went to wake Miguel. She’s so funny. She gets everything but sometimes when it comes to certain things, you have to explain it to her twice and actually show how it works. My grandma on the other hand… there are no words. But then again I can understand why my grandma gets so confused…I mean, after all computers weren’t popular during her time…let alone digital cameras, mp3 players and webcams. She was so fascinated with the whole webcam thing and kept asking me where the sound was coming from. Awwww…

Sometimes I wonder if I’ll be just as confused as her when I grow to be 60, 70 or 80 years old. Will I be able to catch up with technology and everything else or will I be left behind forever wondering what happened to the good ol' gadgets of my time?

No comments: