Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Something Different

Because of the New Year, I’ve decided to try something new…

…with my nails (and here you thought it was something really BIG! LOL)

I was at Eaton Centre last night (ok, ok, so what’s new?!) to get the boots I had Aldo repair for me. FYI, if you buy a pair from them and your heels need replacing or something, just bring them back and they’ll repair them for you for F-R-E-E! You don’t even need a receipt and it could be well past 30 days and it doesn’t matter. You just bring ‘em. They’ll tell you anyway if they can have it fixed for you or not. Anyhow, I got them back and they look brand new! It was my first time to have a pair of shoes fixed there and it turned out pretty well. Jerry and I only found out about it 2 weeks ago while talking to a friend of ours who works there.

So, going back the subject of my nails (so superficial, I know)… I had them done and I normally go for a French manicure but this time around I wanted to try something different, something I’ve never done before. I decided I would have them paint it with a dark solid color. If you know me, this is something I just don’t do. I prefer light and dainty colors. Now my nails are painted with an uber dark red (H calls it Burgundy and could easily be mistaken for black if you take a quick look). Even JR was surprised and asked me if I had decided to go Goth and whether I was nurturing a rebel in me. Of course not!

I will go back to French later on. Even though I was daring enough to wear such a strong, dark color, I don’t think I would keep them dark for too long.

No comments: